To enhance quality of life in Wood Buffalo by ensuring every KID can afford to have fun.
To provide financial assistance to support Wood Buffalo youth and families that face barriers to participation in sport, recreation, social and cultural programs and activities.
About WB Kids
The WB Kids program aspires to provide barrier-free participation to sport, recreation, social and cultural programs and activities in the Wood Buffalo region.
Parents, teachers, coaches and community members can nominate youth to receive program, activity and/or equipment funding. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Development program, sport and/or class registration fees
- Facility memberships to amenities based throughout the communities of the region, including the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club, Anzac Recreation Centre presented by Nexen Energy, the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Curling Club, Noralta Skating Club and Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre and YMCA of Wood Buffalo, in addition to other facilities
- Sporting and/or activity equipment
- Any need approved by the WB Kids committee that is deemed in the interest of Kids having fun
How to Apply
Please print and fill out a WB Kids Program application form or complete the online form below. Application forms can also be obtained upon request in person at Suncor Community Leisure Centre Guest Services. Please note that at the time of submission the nominee must be 17 years of age or younger.
All application forms require:
- Endorser information: Name, phone number, e-mail address and relationship to nominee; supporting paragraph
- Nominee information: Name, age, mailing address, parent/guardian name(s) and occupation(s), specific request for funding and need for said funding. Third party nominations are encouraged. Please include any letters or supporting documentation.
- Applications can also be submitted in person at Suncor Community Leisure Centre Guest Services to the attention of WB Kids Committee: Director of Applications
- Provide confidential and timely assistance to youth and families
- Maximize accessibility to program assistance across the region
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the WB Kids program via fundraising efforts and accountability
- Recruit and retain partners that share a similar vision
- Five percent (5%) of all eligible Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo facility partnerships
- All net proceeds from the sale of the WB Kids merchandise
- Individual, corporate and organizational donations
Proud supporters of WB Kids Merchandise